- Search of WSS3 site does not find content placed in this site.
- WSS3 site does not authenticate user if you open site locally (run browser on a FrontEnd server).
CauseYou should understand how WSS3 search works:
- search service (usually run on the FrontEnd) goes through WSS3 sites and indexes their content.
- search service uses Windows Authentication for authentication in sites
- search service uses special credentials for authentication, which were configured during deployment phase (usually it is: WSSIndexer).
The cause why it cannot logon locally is described in MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861