SymptomsWhen upgrading Parallels Workstation 2.x to Parallels Desktop for Windows/Linux 4.0, you might be prompted to enter full license (activation) key for Parallels Workstation 2.x.
ResolutionIf you have removed Parallels Workstation 2.x from your computer and did not save your license key, there are several options to find lost license (activation) key:
1. Search for license key in your mailbox
2. If you have purchased boxed copy of Parallels Workstation, you can find license key on CD sleeve.
3. If you have registered Parallels Workstation 2.x, you can check your license under your account at Parallels Website in My Registered Products section:
Another ways of finding Parallels Workstation 2.x license key are specific for Host operating system, please check information below.
Parallels Workstation for Linux
Parallels Workstation 2.x licenses are stored within the following paths:
Please use 'cat' command issued in Terminal to check the license information.
Parallels Workstation for Windows
If you have not reinstalled Windows after removing Parallels Workstation 2.x, you can still find license key in Registry:
1) Go to Start > Run..., type regedit and press OK. Registry Editor will open.
2) Press [+] next to My Computer, then expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE.
3) Under Parallels branch, locate Parallels Workstation > License > 2.2 subfolders.
4) Highlight 2.2 entry; you will see your PW 2.x license key on the right side of the screen in the License line.