What should I check if a DNS record is not updated in one of the DNS's:
A list of things to check in the Name server (Domain Director):
1. check Mount from primary to secondary DNS.
[root@nameserver root]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
35G 25G 8.6G 74% /mnt/slave
2. Check domain exists in named.conf
[root@nameserver root]# cd /usr/sphera/DomainDirector/etc/
/ serach for requested dns record
3. Check domain DB file exists in name server:
ls -l | grep domainname.com
4. Enable and disable DNS for this domain
See that named record or DB file were created.
5. Check named process is running:
ps -efw |grep named to restart it you can use /etc/rc.d/initd/Snamed_dm stop/start
6. Execute sphadmin
stop and start DomainDirector
7. Restart bind (named process) in master (ServerDirector)
/etc/rc.d/initd/Snamed_hd in the ServerDirector machine. Check that notifies are being sent using the /var/log/messages log after the named process was restarted.