POA task 'Self diagnostic and repair of service' or any other Active Directory related task fails with error 'The size limit for this request was exceeded'.
CauseThe attribute MaxPageSize in Active Directory is set to too low value, but POA schedules some heavy operation on the AD which returns more data than allowed. This issue could arise after a major upgrade or any other bulk changes in the infrastructure.
ResolutionTo resolve this issue one may temporarily increase the attribute MaxPageSize in AD and resubmit the task, then restore old value of the parameter. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Start the utility ntdsutil.exe (Start > Run > ntdsutil)
2. At the ntdsutil.exe command prompt, type:
Connect to server <ad01.hosting.local>
where <ad01.hosting.local> is the FQDN of a Preferred Domain Controller.
Current values will be displayed, for example:
ldap policy: show values
Remember the current value for MaxPageSize to use on the last step as <old_value>
3. To update MaxPageSize, type:
Set MaxPageSize to 10000
4. Go to POA > Top > System Director > Task Manager > Background Tasks and resubmit failed task, wait until it is processed.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 3 and restore MaxPageSize to <old_value> (use "Set MaxPageSize to <old_value>" instead of "Set MaxPageSize to 10000")