Customer downgraded some resource but upgrade order (UG) was placed instead of downgrade order (DG). Why upgrade order was placed?
BA decides whether the order should be UG or DG based on the price.
- If account changes to more expensive service plan, it will be counted as UG.
- If account changes to cheaper service plan, it will be counted as DG.
- For resource Upgrade/Downgrade :
- If account gets refund more than recurring fee, it will be counted as DG.
- If account gets refund less than recurring fee, it will be counted as UG.
- If total is zero, it will counted as UG as well.
In BA 5.5, in order to simplify the upgrade and downgrade scenarios the new order type called Change Order (CH) has been introduced instead of the pair of the order types: Downgrade Order(DG) and Upgrade Order (UG).
Change Orders are simpler to handle for the Vendor and enable additional scenarios, including in-app upsell for APS applications.
For more details regarding the change to 'CH' type, kindly refer to How to switch to Change Orders (instead of UG and DG).