Full release notes can be downloaded here.
Dependencies and Pre-Requisites
- The Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.5 application package requires OA 5.5.7 and up to 5.5.x (OA 6.0 is not supported).
- This update is not cumulative. Make sure you install it on update 4.4.
- Lync Server 2013 CU3
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.5
The following new features are introduced with the Integration version 4.5:
- When external communication is enabled in Subscription, Customers can manage which specific domains can federate with the organization. Customers can configure one or more external domains as allowed federated domains or blocked for external communication. Providers can now set the default initial state for external communications: enabled or disabled for all domains. This parameter is configured in the global configuration of the Lync application instance and in the branding profiles.
- Localization is supported for the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Swedish.
APSA-8641 Lync API: provisioning of Lync Number Blocks fails for new subscriptions
APSA-8540 Provisioning of "LyncUserLicense" failed: Specified Workflow is not found
APSA-8823 It should be possible to populate normalization rules from Global Dial Plan to Organization-specific Dial Plans
APSA-8752 Newly created ClientPolicy discards GlobalPolicy for a Lync user
APSA-8968 User Features are shown for user without Lync License assigned
Contact your Parallels Support account manager to obtain the new versions of the Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack Application Package and Application Endpoint ZIP file.
- The upgrade procedure is not reversible.
- It's impossible to upgrade from versions earlier than 4.4. Perform upgrade to version 4.5 from 4.4 only.
- After the upgrade, the default initial state for external communications will be set to "Enabled for All Domains", so that in all organizations created after the upgrade the external communications will be enabled by default. To change the default state, go to the global configuration of the Lync application instance and/or branding profile and change the Initial State of External Communications parameter.
- In case you created new Lync organizations and/or users after the upgrade to Lync Integration 4.4, make sure to execute instructions from KB https://kb.cloudblue.com/en/123049 before the upgrade to Lync Integration 4.5.
Upgrading Lync Endpoint host:
- At the Lync Endpoint Host server, open the directory where the Lync ProvisioningEndPoint files were copied.
- Delete all files from the
- Open the
web.configfile and write down the values of ProviderApiUrl and APSControllerUri parameters.
- Copy and replace all files in the target directory.
- Open the
web.configfile and restore values of ProviderApiUrl and APSControllerUri.
- Restart Lync Endpoint host.
- Import the new version of the Lync package in OA (Services > Applications > Import Package).
- Open Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack v2 and click Upgrade Instances.
- Select Upgrade all instances and click Next.
- Click Finish and wait till the upgrade task is completed.
To install the Microsoft Lync Hosting Pack Application, use the instructions provided in the PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Deployment Guide and PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Provider's Guide.
PA Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration Guides are available here: