Release NotesFull release notes can be downloaded here.
Dependencies and Pre-RequisitesThe Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.0 application package requires POA 5.5.5 (or higher).
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.0
With POA 5.5.5, the support of Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack Integration 4.0 is added. Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack communications software offers instant messaging (IM), presence, A/V conferencing, and Enterprise Voice solutions that can support enterprise-level collaboration requirements.
POA 5.5.5 provides functionality required for the APS 2 module for Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack. This APS 2 module is not a part of POA and should be requested separately.
The integration of the Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Hosting Pack in POA is done through APS 2, which means that the SaaS module must be installed. The following main features of the Lync service can be accessed and managed through POA:
• Instant messaging and presence
• Audio/Video and Web conferencing
• Dial-in conferencing
• Desktop sharing
• Enterprise Voice (calls over the Internet from PC to PC, PC to PSTN phone, or PSTN phone to PC)
• Integration with Exchange and Outlook
• Managing organizations and users in Lync
• Managing Lync user licenses
• Different fixed rates for different user licenses
• Upgrading and downgrading user licenses
• Managing blocks of Direct Inward Dialing (DID) phone numbers
• SPLA reporting
• Inter-tenant federation
• Office 365 federation
• Lync Server 2010 federation
• Lync Server 2013 federation
• Office Communications Server 2007 federation
• Custom music on hold
• Team call
• Call delegation (boss-admin)
• Voice policies per user/tenant
• Managing call groups (Lync Response Groups)
• Fully redesigned and improved user experience for customer administrator
Not Supported Features of Lync APS 2 ModuleThe following feature set is not currently supported:
• Partitioned view for IM archiving and monitoring data
• Call park
• Private line (secondary DID for execs)
• Caller ID manipulation
• IP desk phones
• Common area phones
• Dial plans per user/tenant
• Integration of Lync with Hosted BroadWorks
• Remote Control Call
• Shared pools of phone numbers
Support of Billing Call Minutes
• Provider can pull and rate Call Detail Records outside PA,
• Provider can use PBA createManualOrder API method to import to PBA and charge customers.
Contact Parallels Professional Services team to come to a desired solution.