Odin provides free technical support to Plesk Automation valid license owners.
Support options depend on the source license was obtained from. For additional information please check Support Options for Plesk Automation.
Note: This article is mostly required for cases which are difficult to find using search. On the contrary, if you get an error message, it is always quicker to search for it in the https://kb.cloudblue.com/.
Plesk Automation General Questions
What is Plesk Automation?
Plesk Automation (hereafter referred to as PA) is a hosting management solution where one central server (management node) controls an arbitrary number of other servers that have various roles - web, mail, DNS, and so on. In terms of PA, these controlled servers are called service nodes.
Which is the latest Plesk Automation version available for installation ?
At the moment latest available version for deployment is Plesk Automation 11.5 update 21.
What languages are supported by Plesk Automation 11.5?
Administration Panel and Hosting Panel are localized separately in Plesk Automation 11.5. Only Provider or Resellers can access to the Administration Panel. They can use any of available locales. 11 locales are installed with PA and available for the selection:
Deutsch English (United States) Spanish Portuguese (Brazil) French Italian Japanese Dutch Russian Chinese Chinese(Traditional)
For additional information please read Plesk Automation Operations Guide and How can I create/change NS records for the new subscriptions?
Can Plesk Automation manage my existing Plesk Panel servers?
No, it cannot. We advise hosting providers to transfer all data from Plesk servers to a new PA installation using Migration Tool.
What hosting services can Plesk Automation manage?
By default, the PA Management node acts as master DNS server for all zones created in Plesk Automation and provides webmail service for all mailboxes in Plesk Automation.
You can also set up the management node to provide the following services by assigning it the corresponding provisioning attributes and mark the node as being ready to provide: Apache web hosting, Postfix mail and MySQL database hosting.
In order to provide additional services such as SmarterMail mail hosting, MSSQL database hosting, IIS web hosting you need to deploy additional Service node. For additional information please refer How to install additional service on the Service Node
Which Billing solutions could be integrated with Plesk Automation 11.5 ?
Administrators and resellers can employ a billing solution to automate subscribing customers to hosting plans as well as to automate the monetization of this process. Currently, Plesk Automation supports the following solutions:
Do I need to install additional packages before registration Service node in PA ?
No, you don't need to install any package manually. During service node registration PA automatically installs all necessary packages according to selected role.
Note: Before adding service node to the environment, make sure that the server meets the requirements.
Is it possible to have mixed roles on a single service node Plesk Automation (PA)?
Yes, it's possible. You can deploy service node with mixed roles which can simultaneously provide two or three services: For example, Apache web server and Postfix mail server. For additional information please check corresponding article.
How do I run command-line utilities?
You can run Plesk Automation command-line utilities using only one universal utility called ppa. It can be run from any directory on the management node. For additional information please refer Run Plesk Automation command line utility.
How should I propagate changes in the node's operating system
Sometimes, it may be necessary to make changes in the operating system of a certain service node (for example, install new software). In such a case, Plesk Automation must be informed about these changes; otherwise, the node may stop operating properly. For example, if you install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on the node and do not propagate this change to Plesk Automation, the provisioning of subscriptions with support for .NET will fail on this node. Another example when changes must be propagated is enabling hard disk quota in a Virtuozzo container.
To propagate changes in the node's operating system to Plesk Automation:
Infrastructure > Service Nodes > select the node > Summarytab, click the Refresh button (in the
I have Plesk Expand in production. Can I reuse the existing central DNS server from Expand in Plesk Automation?
The "transfer from Expand" scenario implies that DNS services are relocated to DNS servers registered in Plesk Automation: They will store all DNS zones from Expand's central DNS server. After the transfer, Expand's DNS server will begin forwarding all requests to Plesk Automation's master DNS server. This allows you to keep all existing NS records on a registrar's DNS server as is.
Statistics and Resource usage are not calculated. What should I do?
Plesk Automation obtains disk usage statistics from the Hosting Panel once a day using the special Daily maintenance script. Therefore, if you experience any problems in retrieving disk usage statistics (for example, statistics are not updated), you should check the status of the periodic Schedule daily maintenance task.
To check the status of the periodic Schedule daily maintenance task:
Select Schedule daily maintenance in
Operations > Tasks > Periodictab. Check the status of the last tasks in the Last task execution results table. Open the tasks that have the Failed status: You will see the details on the issue that prevented the script execution.
How do I enable the backup functionality?
In Plesk Automation, administrators and resellers are not provided with a centralized means of backing up and restoring the data of their customers. Only users logged in to the Hosting Panel can back up and restore data belonging to their subscription.
Plesk Automation can save backup files only on an external FTP server - a backup server. Therefore, to enable the backup functionality, you must add a special Backup node to the system. For additional information please check Backup Server Nodes. Note: At the moment PA supports only 1 Backup Node.
How do I perform a full server backup?
We do not provide a server backup solution. There are a number of such products on the market. We recommend choosing one of them.
Plesk Automation Documentation
- Learn About Plesk Automation
- Release Notes for Updates Issued for Plesk Automation 11.5
- Plesk Automation Installation Guide
- Supplied third-party products
- Plesk Automation Billing Provider’s Guide
- Branding Guide
- 116571 How to retrieve PA administrator credentials
- 115038 How to install PA updates
- 115202 Which ports should be opened in Plesk Automation infrastructure?
- 115203 Supported versions of Webmail in PA
- 115205 Supported versions of Mail Server in PA
- 115206 Database server selection algorithm in PA
- 120179 Introducing branding or how to change entry point for the customers?
- 120081 Troubleshooting of using SSL certificates in PA
- 117477 How to install Plesk Automation billing?
- 119527 How can I change service node IP address?
- 124677 How to enable mail submission (587 SMTP port) in Plesk Automation 11.5?
- 117412 How should I change the IP address of the Management Node?
- 117477 How should I change the hostname of the management node?
- 119392 How to change hostname of existing service node?
- 117874 How can I move subscriptions based on IIS hosting between nodes?
- 118336 How to integrate PA with OBA-S?
- 123679 How to enable multiple PHP versions in Plesk Automation
- 118915 How can I change the control panel's default certificate** in Plesk Automation?
- 118735 How can I change default websites location for the IIS service node in Plesk Automation?
- 118803 How to change subscription owner in Plesk Automation?
- 120214 How to attach new shared IPv6 address to Windows Service Node?
- 120333 How can I select domains are hosted on a particular service node in Plesk Automation (PA)?
- 121029 How to install WHMCS on Plesk Automation management node
- 123679 How to change verbosity level of the poa.debug.log in Plesk Automation (PA)?
- 120344 How to assign particular service node to the required customer and all subscriptions of the customer will be created on assigned service node?
- 117200 How to move DNS service to another node in Plesk Automation?
- 120329 How can I create/change NS records for the new subscriptions?
- 119084 How to uninstall Billing module from PA infrastructure
- 121606 How to move webspaces between subscriptions?
- 119385 How to check connection through API to PA?
- 119594 How to create subscription with defined hosting type using one PA API request?
- 119712 How to create subscriptions using PA API request?
- 120523 How to create a webspace in multi-webspace subscription using API?
- 120141 How to configure system user for the webspace via API requests?
- 119749 How to create a client using XML-RPC request?
- 119856 How to apply service template limits to the subscriptions?
- 124374 How to add an external database server to PA
- 123793 How to restrict the list of available applications in service template?
- 120888 How to force secondary/slave Name server to update/refresh dns zones from primary DNS server?
- 122748 How to make the option "Access to the Control Panel" unchecked by default.
- 124178 How to create/install new Plesk Agent certificates for Service Node?
- 124422 How to increase the number of simultaneously runnig tasks?
- 127572 How to set PHP parameters in Service Template ?
- 127930 How to configure ColdFusion 10 on IIS Service Node
- 126307 How to change hosting type from Apache to IIS (and vice versa) keeping mail untouched?
- 126938 How to increase maximum number of open file descriptors for Apache?
- 120868 How to setup custom link for all accounts in PA hosting panel
- 123385 How to enable ASP.NET 2.0 on Windows Server 2012/R2
- 124472 How to limit number of SMTP receptionists in postfix?
- 125621 How to change PHP handler for Webmail?
- 122369 How to check if POP3/IMAP daemon is enabled?
- 128794 How web statistics are calculated?
Service node registration troubleshooting
- 119035 What does
- 119531 PA service node registration failure investigation steps
- 115409 Service Node registration fails due to different time with PA Management Node
- 120434 Cannot delete service node: Service "web" on Service Node is used by domains
Upgrade issues (HUB)
- 119389 Troubleshooting Plesk Automation Upgrade problems