SymptomsThere is a request from a customer to enable the anonymous access to a SharePoint Foundation 2010 site having an exclusive web application. In the request a URL of the site is provided.
CauseThe anonymous access to SharePoint Foundation 2010 sites is disabled by default.
ResolutionTo process the request, perform the following actions:
1. Log on to the appropriate SharePoint FrontEnd server as Domain Administrator.
2. From the Start menu, open the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
3. In the opened window, in the right area, click on the Manage web applications link.
4. In the list of web applications, select the web application having the URL provided in the request from the customer.
5. In the top area, click on the Authentication Providers button.
6. In the opened window, click on the Default link.
7. Select the Enable anonymous access checkbox and click on the Save button.
Now, the anonymous access is enabled for the exclusive web application of the site. Notify the customer that the anonymous access must also be enabled for the site.