Release NotesFull release notes can be downloaded here.
Dependencies and Pre-RequisitesThe Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Integration 1.0 Application Packages require POA 5.4.2 or later.
Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Integration
With POA 5.4.2, the support of Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition in multi-tenant mode is added. Microsoft Lync Server 2010 communications software offers instant messaging (IM), presence, A/V conferencing, and Enterprise Voice solutions that can support enterprise-level collaboration requirements.
POA 5.4.2 provides functionality required for the APS module for Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition in multi-tenant mode. This APS module is not a part of POA and should be requested separately.
Lync Server bundled with Exchange and SharePoint allows Cloud Service Providers to offer Unified Communications suite of services powered by the latest version of Microsoft products.
The integration of the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 in POA is done through APS, which means that the SaaS module must be installed. The following main features of the Lync service can be delivered and managed through POA:
- Instant messaging and presence
- Audio/Video and Web conferencing
- Dial-in conferencing
- Desktop sharing
- Enterprise Voice (calls over the Internet from PC to PC, PC to PSTN phone, or PSTN phone to PC)
- Remote Call Control based on phone number extensions
- Integration with Exchange and Outlook
- Managing organizations and users in Lync
- Managing Lync user profiles
- Different fixed rates for different user profiles
- Upgrading and downgrading user profiles
- Managing Direct Inward Dialing (DID) phone numbers
- SPLA reporting
- Partner and PIC federation per Lync enterprise pool
- Call control (hold, transfer, forward, simultaneous ringing)
- Custom music on hold
- Team call
- Call delegation (boss-admin)
Not Supported Features of Lync APS Module
The following feature set is not currently supported:
- Partitioned view for IM archiving and monitoring data
- Response groups
- Call park
- Private line (secondary DID for execs)
- Caller ID manipulation
- Voice mail
- IP desk phones
- Common area phones
- Emergency calls
- Dial plans per user/tenant
- Voice policies per user/tenant
- Integration of Lync with Hosted BroadWorks
Support of Billing Call Minutes
The Billing Call Minutes feature does not have native support in Parallels Automation. However, there are possible solutions:
- Provider can pull and rate Call Detail Records outside PA,
- Provider can use PBA createManualOrder API method to import to PBA and charge customers.
Contact Parallels Professional Services team to come to a desired solution.
ObtainingTo obtain the new version of Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Phone Numbers Application Packages, contact your Parallels representative.
InstallationTo install the Microsoft Lync 2010 Application, use the instructions provided in the PA Lync Server 2010 Integration Deployment Guide and PA Lync Server 2010 Integration Provider's Guide.
All Lync Server 2010 Integration Release Notes