An Office 365 sales order or task Provisioning "Subscription" for APS application Office 365 fails with the error:
APS Application Error: 500 Internal Server Error [ApplicationUnknownError] Unable to provision an offer named 'Dynamics 365 for Operations, Enterprise Edition Device' because there is no parent offer (names of possible parent offers: '')..
The mentioned offer ( in this example
Dynamics 365 for Operations, Enterprise Edition Device) was created in OA as an addon at PCP > Services > Applications > Office 365 > app instance > Addon Types. However, it had to be created of a license type.
- Cancel the failed sales order
- Delete all resource rates based on this resource type from all service plans in Billing
- Delete the resource type from the service template
- Delete the resource type from PCP > Products > Resources
- Delete the addon resource from PCP > Services > Applications > Office 365 > app instance > Addon Types
- Create the license APS resource as describe in the documentation
- Create the license resource type representing the licese, as descibed in the documentation
- Add the newly created resource type to the service template
- Add the newly created resource to the corresponding service plans
- Place a new sales order.