Currency sign was changed uneunexpectedly in Online Store after a hotfix or new Billing container installation. For instance,
$ was changed to
Entries like below can be seen in
2018-05-08 15:27:06.496 [DEBUG] Overwriting, word 'CURRENCY_PREFIX' in Store #1 for locale 'es' with Translation '€' (was: '$')
The currency sign representation in the Online Store is managed by
CURRENCY_POSTFIX parameters repsectively.
In case if the parameter for non-English Online Store store language is set to the same as for English, during a hotfix, update or new container installation it is reset to the default one for a given language.
The behavior above is confirmed as a software-related issue #PBA-84680 "A Store Dictonary entry can be changed unxepectedely during configure.py run"
Please contact your Technical Account Manager or a member of Pooled Technical Associates Team to clarify status of the software-related issue.
To restore the currency sign, please, follow the steps below:
- Go Home > Products > Online Store
- Switch to More tab
- Choose Languages and select a dictionary of the affected Online Store locale
- Switch to Dictionary tab and search for
- Click Edit, set a desired currency sign in Translation field, and click Save
- Synchronize the Online Store