At attempt to open a FrontPage Site Administration page using a login and the password from CCP we receive an error with text:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this page using your current user account. Please try the following:
However, FrontPage Site Administration page can be opened with the credentials of the domain administrator. But empty Role List is displayed in this case. (Click link "Manage roles" on FrontPage Site Administration page for Role List displaying.)
It is necessary to distinguish this problem from a case when the wrong login/password is used. Error "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials." is displayed.
CauseThis problem is present in case mistaken Identity credentials are used for application pool named MSSharePointAppPool. Local System account should be used for this application pool.
ResolutionThe following steps describe how to surmount this problem on IIS node.
- Open IIS Manager Snap-In.
- Expand node Application Pools from a local computer tree.
- Right-click on MSSharePointAppPool item and select Properties from popup.
- Go to Identity tab. Click Predefined. Select Local System from combo box.
- Click Ok.
- Restart IIS using iisreset command.